Sunday, February 24, 2008

Miz Allie Says Keep Our Ears Clean


To all human mommys and daddys....listen up about cleaning our ears.....if you must..meow...I sure donts like it...yuck....cleaning ears is a preliminary to administering medication for mites, or just as a part of regular grooming.
Its not that hard if yous is careful....just get some olive oil or commercial ear cleaner, cotton balls, a container for water. Then warm the olive oil or ear cleaner to body temperature by placing the container in a warm pan of water. Get us kitties on a table or the counter. Yummmy is there good food up there? Mommy doe not let me up on the counter EVER!!! Meow... Any purrs...

Put a drop or two of the liquid into the round opening of the ear canal. Because oil Kills Cat Ear Mites it should work great..meow...Gently massage the base of the ear for at least a minute, to work the liquid around. purrss I loves that part....meow..


Repeat steps with the other ear. Leave us alone for 5 minutes. We'll do a great deal of head shaking, which will dislodge dirt and move it into the outer ear canal.
After about 5 minutes, use clean cotton balls to wipe away oil and dirt from the ear.
Give us a treat for being so good. Purr Purrrr
Tips:
You can administer medication to our ears by doing the same.
What You Need:



  • Olive oil or ear cleaner

  • Cotton Balls

  • Container for warm water

  • Plastic eye-dropper

And to down load a great home made recipe go to this site and "GET IT RIGHT EAR MITE REMEDY" to get the recipe for ear mites. Its free to download. Meow.....

4 comments:

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Thank you for the information. I have not had any problems with ears mites so far (knock on wood) but will have me Bean check out that rememdy.

Daisy said...

Miz Allie, you have some good advice. Even though I do not enjoy getting my ears cleaned.

Mr. Hendrix said...

This is great advice. I get my ears cleaned biweekly cause i'm prone to infections cause of my FIV.

Did you get your package??? I hope you liked the one thing mommy made special for you. It was her very first squiggle and she made it just for you!

Mickey's Musings said...

Miz Allie, you are giving us some very good advice! I know Mom is reading this very carefully.I bet we will all have very clean ears.
Purrs Mickey