Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Miz Allie Cat explains: What is a Cats Map???

Cats Bodies as a Map......
1. Cats don’t have a clavicle bone, allowing them to pass through any space no bigger than their head. Nope we are escapr artists...meow
2. Cats move both legs on one side, and then both leg on the other, a trait they share with camels, giraffes and a select few other mammals. Nobody knows what the connection is, if any. Hey I'm no camel....meow
3. Typically, cat’s claws are sharper on the forefeet are sharper than on the hind feet. Yup just ask mom's leg...meow
4. Most cats have five claws on their front paws and four or five on their rear paws, but cats are prone to polydactyly. Famously, the cats hanging around Hemingway’s house in Key West are six-toed. we have what??? meow
5. Cat’s night vision is superior to humans, but their day vision is inferior. Well we sleeps then anyways...meow
6. The official name for cat’s whiskers is vibrissae. What????????? meow....
7. Due to an ancient mutation, cats can’t taste sweetness. Oh no who did that!!! meow....
8. Blue-eyed cats with white fur have a higher incidence of genetic deafness. I hear goods...meow
9. Cats expend nearly as much fluid grooming as they do urinating. Well we must be clean.. meow
10. Cats will almost never meow at other cats; that sound is reserved mostly for communication with humans. Oh yes I talks to mommy all the time...meow........

12 comments:

Daisy said...

That looks like the map of my bed!

Those are interesting facts. I kind of wish I had a clavicle bone, because then I could carry a purse on my shoulder.

PB 'n J said...

That map is perfect - I'll just have to show it to Mommy and Daddy so they are clear on it too!

Pearl

Mr. Hendrix said...

This is great information on our cat bodies. We are truly an amazing species. I am sad that we can't taste sweets.

That map of the bed totally looks like my bed. I wonder if I would get in trouble for drawing the map so my beans are clear...

Just Ducky said...

Yep, that is my bed, except I launch to the perch by the window.

The Florida Furkids said...

The only thing missing is the place where Mom puts her head and Sniffie sleeps!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

JEWELGIRL said...

Allie you are one beautiful Calico!
Nice to meet you!
Spooky,Daisy,Aniwa & Shadow
and Jewelgirl too!

Karen Jo said...

The map of the bed is perfect. I never knew that cats didn't have a clavicle before. Thank you for all the great information.

Kaz's Cats said...

Thanks for the great info. We're trying to make Mum memorise that map so she knows which parts of the bed are definitely ours.

Purrs

Gypsy & Tasha

meemsnyc said...

Hahahahha, that map is so funny and dead on! Meow.

Poppy Q said...

Yup that maps shows my bed too!!

Lisa said...

fascinating facts!

World of Animals, Inc said...

This map is just too funny and right about how the cat or cats share your bed. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photo. Have a great rest of your day.
World of Animals